What is Reiki?
Reiki is a gentle, yet powerful hands-on healing Japanese therapy that works to bring the body back into balance, positively affecting the body-mind-spirit as a whole by assisting healing on all levels.
Reiki energy was rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in early 20th century Japan and brought to the United States in the 1930’s. Universal Life Force Energy (Japanese translation of Rei-ki) flows within and around us, and nourishes the organs and cells of our body, supporting them in their vital functions. When the flow of this life force energy is disrupted, it causes diminished function and energetic blockages in the tissues of our physical body, leaving it vulnerable to illness or dis-ease. Reiki helps to remove the blockages, restore balance and promote healing on all levels – Body, Mind, Spirit.
Benefits of Reiki
* Reduces stress and anxiety
* Assists in removing toxins from the body
* Improves emotional well-being
* Reduces heart rate and lowers blood pressure
* Decreases arthritic pain and increases mobility
* Reduces fatigue and insomnia
* Accelerates healing process following injury and surgical procedures
* Assists in the alcohol/addiction recovery
* Relieves side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
* Help release fears and feelings of insecurity
* Restores balance to our energy centers (chakras)
* Offers energy to all organs, muscles, nerves, bones
* Heals on a cell level
* Enhances vitality
* Comforts and assists through grieving process
* Instills overall sense of inner peace and serenity
* Promotes positive thinking
* Our pets benefit from Reiki treatments too!
Reiki energy is received by the client through a certified practitioner who has been attuned to the healing energy. During a Reiki session, the client remains fully clothed, resting peacefully on a massage table. The Reiki Practitioner places their hands lightly on or just above the client’s physical body, extending the Reiki energy into the client’s energy centers to remove blocks, congestion and to restore balance.
The session feels like a calming radiance that flows through and around you. You may experience sensations of warmth, tingling, coolness. Reiki treats the whole body-mind-spirit creating many beneficial effects that include feelings of peace, security and well being.
Reiki is simple, natural and safe and all who experience it, benefit from it. Read about others’ positive experiences with Reiki here.
Receiving a Reiki session will not interfere or replace traditional medical care and can enhance other medical treatments. Reiki complements all other forms of holistic healing and western medicine.
To schedule a Reiki Session or Chakra Balancing, please contact Tracy.